Ever thought of Building your own website?
You will need to decide whether to hire a professional web developer to create your website or to DIY your own website. Both choices come with costs and benefits and it is important to determine the following:
- Understand the nature of your business to determine the type of website you are building (Informative/Interactive/E-Commence).
- Do you have the capability to build your dream website without a professional graphic designer?
- Budget of your website, as well as the ongoing maintenance needs.
- Any SEO knowledge and knowing the importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how it can affect your website traffic and business income
Decided to DIY?
There are many DIY website template available in the market now. If you choose to use a template from one of these sites, make sure that the design is easy customizable and allow you to integrate on-line plugging tools to further enhance your website. It will be time consuming if you do it yourself from stretch for the first time as it may not be as simple as you thought! There are many tricks and shortcuts which need to be taught and not as straightforward as many assume.
At E-Solutions, we provide professional website development services as well as giving courses to corporate and individual on DIY website development using WordPress. There are many DIY website template available in the market now, where one common platform will be WordPress. WordPress now powers 28.2% of the web, that’s 1 in 4 websites on the world wide web (Source: W3tech). It is one of the leading content management systems on the market today. Website owners and editors find WordPress easy to use for editing the content on their sites and developers like its templating system and wide range of plugins and themes to work with.
In this course, we'll go over how to build websites with WordPress, starting with installing WordPress and then working all the way through customizing with themes and plugins. You do not need any coding experience; however, there may be instances we will do a little bit of coding, since some things in WordPress you can’t do without a little code alteration.
Following this training course, you will understand:
Who is this suitable for?
If you’re thinking of launching a company, this course will help you acquire the skills required to build an a website from scratch and launch your dream company. Aspiring Graphic Designers, Content Developers, Marketing Executives and individuals who want to learn how to create a website can begin with learning our course!
- Trainees will undergo a classroom coaching to acquire all the competencies required to DIY a simple website after the end of the 2 days’ course.
- Trainees will be issued a Certification of Achievement by E-Solutions upon completing the training program and pass all the prescribed tests.
- To improve individual skills set whom have passion in website development, and to motivate business owners to build their website in encouraging entrepreneur in saving startup cost.
- All individual is required to bring their own laptop to the course
- Have a ready domain and hosting during practice hours. (Trainee is able to purchase during the 1st day of the class. The hosting and domain fee will be borne by the owner)
- Total training hours: 16 classroom hours
- Total number of modules: 8 Modules
- Course duration: 2 days / 8 classroom hours per day
- Number of trainees per class: 10 trainees (min) to 20 trainees (max)
Trainees must attend all the modules and complete all classroom exercises before they can proceed to take the prescribed tests.
Course Assessment Program
|Test Type||Description||No. of Questions||Duration||Passing Marks/ Percentage|
|Test Paper||Understanding WordPress methodology and plug-ins||20 MCQ||30 mins||16 correct answers / 80%|
|Practical Test||Creating a simple website using the techniques and templates taught||1||2 hours||Implementing all techniques / 100%|
- Course Fee: $500 + 7% GST per trainee
Course fee inclusive of training material (1 set of notes)
1.2 Introduction to content management system (CMS)
1.3 Popular CMS and their pros and cons
1.4 Choosing the right CMS for your needs
1.5 WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
2.2 How to buy your domain at less than $2
2.3 Choosing the perfect hosting solution
2.4 Pointing domain and linking to your server
2.5 CMS installation on server
3.2 Access to Cpanel Backend via your website
3.3 Log in to WordPress Admin backend via your website
4. WordPress Theme - Learn how to choose the best theme for your needs to shorten your development time by half
4.2 Theme installation
4.3 Creating a child theme
5.2 Creating webpage menu navigation
5.3 Creating a blog page
5.4 Creating a contact form
5.5 Creating a landing page
5.6 How to embed multimedia
6. Integrating eCommerce function into your website - Learn how to integrate eCommerce feature with complete inventory and payment system
6.2 Creating a product
6.3 Payment system integration
6.4 Settings and Plugins
7. Learn about the CMS settings and how to use plugins to super charge your website to become the next Zalora or Airbnb
7.2 Finding and integrating plugins to enhance the functionalities of your website
7.3 Top 10 recommended plugins to enhance your website
7.4 Backing up your website
8.2 Google webmaster and analytics tool
8.3 Creating your business email with your own domain name